THE TASTE OF SUMMER
Summer is here! This means that it is time for light and fruity teas, but most importantly it is time for iced teas.
When we develop tea blends we are often inspired by places and atmospheres. Öland is inspired by the long, warm summers on the Swedish island of the same name. If you are lucky enough to visit Öland on a warm summer day, you will meet a landscape with loads of wild berries and edible ﬂowers. And those ingredients are in the Öland blend: green tea, dried blueberries, blackcurrants and strawberries as well as beautiful ﬂower petals from sunﬂower and cornﬂower.
Öland is delicate as an ice tea. We often make ice teas using the cold brewing method, which is a simple brewing method that is easy to use and that gets the most out of high-end teas.
• Use 2 - 3 tbs of NuTe Öland
• Pour over 1 l of cold spring water or water from the tap
• Keep cool in the fridge overnight or for for 4-10 hours
• If you like it sweeter, add a bit of honey or cane sugar
• Serve over ice cubes or frozen berries with fresh lemon balm